The Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh (PCB) is an Autonomous Organization under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. It was established under the Pharmacy Ordinance, Ordinance No. X111 of 1976.
Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh (PCB) is an Autonomous Organization that can provide scope for the graduate pharmacists. The council can be considered as the controlling authority of pharmacy education and practice. Recently, 8 pharmacists are working in PCB with advanced level of performance. The pharmacists working in this field ensure the highest standard of quality required for pharmacy training and practice in different academia.
The Main objective of the Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh is to regulate the practice of Pharmacy throughout Bangladesh. In addition to this the pharmacy council performs the following activities:
1. Approve examinations in pharmacy for the purpose of qualifying persons for registration as pharmacists;
2. Prescribe the subjects in which approve examinations shell be held;
3. Approve the course of study and practical training in pharmacy for the purpose of admission to approval examinations;
4. Prescribe the condition and procedure for admission of candidates to and approved examination;
5. To lay down the standard of teaching to be maintained by the institutions conducting the approved courses of study;
6. Prescribe the equipments and facilities to be made available to the students;
7. To recognize degree or diploma in pharmacy for the purpose of registration as pharmacist;
8. Undertake inspections of institutions which conduct any course of study in pharmacy and of the teaching imparted and examinations held by them;
9. Prepare and maintain registers of pharmacists and apprentices in pharmacy;
10. To register pharmacists and grant certificates of registration;
11. Hold examinations for the purpose of registration as pharmacists; and
12. Undertake such other activities as it may be empowered or required to do by the council under this ordinance.